Dave’s Internationally Famous Turkey Stuffing
Traditional English turkey stuffing modified à la Dave
By Dave Waddell
Published: December 12, 2019
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 45 minutes (in tray)
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Calories per serving: 500 kcal
Fat per serving: 30g
- One Pack of Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing Mix (Kroger, Randalls, HEB, Cost Plus – British section)
- 2lb. Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (Sage)
- Two Eggs
- One large onion
- 4-6 Slices white bread
- Chop onion into very small pieces (recommend food processor).
- Mix all but the bread together in a large bowl.
- Zoë and Aidan are best at tearing the bread.
- Add bread until it feels right – it’s a Zen thing.
- Stuff it all into the turkey’s orifices (neck as well).
- Cook until the stuffing reaches 165°F (75°C) at 325°F (165°C). Approximately 4½ hours for a 13lb turkey. Cover breast with foil for last half.
- Tip: Any excess stuffing can be cooked separately. Roll into balls if
you like it crunchy.
This is better than turkey—“I want it for breakfast”